Sunday, 25 December 2011
Always fun to take a full 360 degree panorama in detail. So much potential for exploration later :)
Always fun to capture an entire 360 degree view in detail. So much potential for exploring later on :)
Saturday, 24 December 2011
A photo taken using a 5x7 large format camera of my cat, Moet.
Given the process behind taking shots with a large format camera, cat's don't make the easiest of subjects, so I was delighted that this came out as planned!
See the original post for a shot of the set-up.
Walker Titan XL 5x7
Schneider-Kreuznach APO-Symmar L 210mm f/5.6
Fuji Velvia 100F
Can't remember the shutter speed, but it was slow!
Friday, 23 December 2011
It's not easy getting this exactly right straight out of the camera. I think I nailed the perspective on this across all three axes.
Obviously any error could be fixed very simply in post, but I like to take the time to get it right :)
HDR'd from 5 exposures.
Canon 5D Mk II
Canon TS-E 17mm f/4.0L
1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000
Thursday, 22 December 2011
So here we are once again. 22nd of December, so it's time to do my annual count-down of my favourite snaps of the year. One per day over the next 10 days, in reverse order.
A quick glimpse at the post prior to this one will reveal what will be number 1, but for obvious reasons I couldn't hold that back until December 31st, so no suspense this year I'm afraid!
At number 10, it's a shot of the incredible Al Fursan ("The Knights") - the UAE's very own aerobatic display team who formed in 2010. One of 447 shots taken at this year's Dubai Air Show that I've got keyworded with their name (I still haven't got around to reviewing them all!).
It was my first time at an airshow, and I have to say I had a great time, firing off close to 2,000 shots in just 2 days. I'm more used to photographing buildings, so shooting fast moving jets was a new challenge, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.
This was Al Fursan's first official public demonstration of their aerobatic display, and what a display it was. I couldn't help feeling that these guys didn't really get the exposure they deserved - certainly everyone in the UAE should be very proud of their talents.
Canon 1D MK IV
Canon 300mm f/2.8
Wednesday, 21 December 2011
Last year your generosity saved Ola.
This year we need you to dig deep again to save Samar.
Read her story here:
I will print 10 copies of this image - the photograph I consider to be the best I took this year - sized 16 inches by 12.
1000 AED each.
First come. First served. Don't hang about.
ALL proceeds to the PCRF. Every single dirham - I will pay for the prints myself.
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
Sunday, 11 December 2011
Saturday, 10 December 2011
Friday, 9 December 2011
Been waiting over a year to have another crack at this.
Just a test shot in advance of the eclipse tomorrow night, but I thought it worth sharing.
This time I shot with 600mm focal length (300mm f/2.8 + 2x teleconverter). Also, the Burj pinnacle is now lit up, which it wasn't last year.
Shot is blended from two exposures - one exposed and focused on the Moon, and one exposed and focused on the Burj.
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Previously unpublished #photos of @TomCruise filming @GhostProtocol on the #BurjKhalifa #DIFF @DubaiFilm
Absolutely NO reproduction anywhere without permission.
Copyright violators will be vigorously pursued.
Thursday, 1 December 2011
- #Photo: A sneak peek of a work in progress ;)
- Oops, let's try that again. #photos: Couple of sho...
- #Photos: Couple of screenshots from a recent #pano...
- #Photo: Now this is what you call a lucky shot in ...
- #Photo: My #top10 of 2011. Number 8 - Large format...
- #Photo: My #top10 of 2011. Number 9 - DIFC Gate in...
- #Photo: My #top10 of 2011. Number 10 - #AlFursan p...
- Buy a print what I consider to be my best photo of...
- #Photo: Another Little Planet from Jumeirah Lakes ...
- #Photo: Another Lunar #Eclipse shot from this even...
- #Photo: #Eclipse of the #Moon
- #Photo: Full resolution crop of the Moon in that p...
- #Photo: #BurjKhalifa pinnacle and the Moon #Dubai ...
- #Photo: #BurjKhalifa pinnacle and the Moon. #Dubai...
- #Photo: Trees. Well, it makes a change from buildi...
- Previously unpublished #photos of @TomCruise filmi...
- #Photo: Much as I love the Miura, there can only b...
- #Photo: What a wonderful pair of backsides
- #Photo: She's back, and looking even more gorgeous...
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2010 (153)